- 1 Butternut Squash, Acorn, Carnival or any other hard-skinned fall squash (and yes – even a sugar pumpkin!)
- 1 Carrot
- 2-3 Potatoes – can use Yukon Gold, Red, or Blue for color
- 1 Onion – can use red or white
- 3/4 Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut squash into equal-sized cubes – about 4 cups – and place in a large bowl
- Diced carrots – about 1 cup – and add to bowl
- Cut potatoes and add to bowl
- Cut onion into slices and add to bowl
- Add 3/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and stir the ingredients to ensure an even coating.
- Spread mixture out on a baking pan to ensure even cooking. Top with a drizzle of honey (if desired), or a sprinkle of thyme or oregano.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve warm. Feel free to drop in fresh feta crumbles for added taste.
- Diced apples, cranberries, beets, celery, or all four! Those products will make this dish both sweet and savory.