- 1 Cauliflower head, cut into florets/bite sized pieces (Tip: use a sharp knife to cut along the flower stalks and that will leave the main, hard, part behind).
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter (unsalted to reduce sodium)
- 1 Cup low fat sour cream
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Red pepper flakes or black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill a pot with water and bring up to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until it starts to get tender – 8-10 min. Drain. Cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cheddar, and melted butter. Add in cauliflower and mix with a spatula. Now is the time to add in that pinch of salt and/or pepper.
- Pour the combined mixture into an oven-safe casserole dish. Sprinkle the Panko across the top so that it makes a crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until it’s bubbly and the top has started to crisp. Enjoy! Our household did!